PRIVACY AND SECURITY STATEMENT
Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd’s Privacy Principles
Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd has been built on trust between our clients, users and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your needs and to conduct our business.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better services.
- We may pass your personal information to other Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd offices, partners, supplier or agents, as permitted by law.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
- By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we shall ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
WE ARE CONCERN ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us.
Security is our top priority. Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
The areas of our website that are only for users or clients shall require login with password. Such login and passwords are made known only to yourself.
Payment areas of our website has the highest level of security whereby we outsourced to companies that implements security practices at international levels such as ipay88, paypal alipay and etc. When you provide sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd will comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements in Malaysia concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
Both you and Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd play an important role in protecting your personal data. You should be careful that your login details to ensure they are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID, Password or allow access or use of it/them by others. You should only share your personal information such as your “Holland Code”, your contact number, your location to people whom you trust. We endeavour to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
You should safeguard your unique User IDs and Password by keeping them secret and confidential. Never write them down or share their details with anyone. Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd will never ask you for your Password, the system used by Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd support personnel also do not show any passwords, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information. Always change unique Password, do not create it/them using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognisable part of your name. If you think your User ID or Password, is/are lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Collection of Personal Information
Use of “cookies”: Your visit to our website and applications may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site, general usage patterns, analysis of various marketing, national planning research and analysis for yourself. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, by disabling them, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website such as student portal.
Marketing Promotions: Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone, or at one of our branches and roadshows). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You may receive marketing and other promotional materials by email or popup announcement in our application. If you do receive email promotional direct mail, you will always have an opportunity to opt out.
NOTICE RELATING TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (THE “PDPA”)
- Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd (“AC”) views your personal data and privacy seriously. This Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Individuals may have supplied and may continue from time to time, supply AC with their personal data and information (“data”) in connection with the enquiry, registration, survey opinion, strategic plans or compliance with any laws, guidelines or requests issued by regulatory or other authorities. AC may also verify or source personal information about you from third party sources (both public and private) such as Ministry of Education. Your visit to our public website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”.
- Such data may include information concerning your personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity, date of birth, education, race, ethnic origin, nationality, citizenship), contact details (such as addresses of home town and current, email, phone numbers), family information (such as marital status, name of spouse or child or immediate family or parents, address, telephone number), emergency contacts (such as names, telephone number, addresses), occupation details (such as employer name, income range, job title, job responsibilities, employer’s contact information and address), medical history (such as blood group and family doctor details), previous academic achievements (such as high school results, degree transcripts) and other information such as special ability, disabilities, special attention required (for any special services), financial reference (in respect of other bank facilities used by you for study loan). In addition, AC may from time to time request for certain other personal information that may be relevant for AC to consider your request for any other products or services of AC.
- Failure to supply such data may result in AC being unable to establish, continue or provide any services or support or comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- It is also the case that data are collected from (i) users, customers and other sources in the ordinary use of services provided by AC, (ii) a person acting on behalf of the individual whose data are provided, and (iii) other sources (for example, information obtained from any bureaus or agencies established or to be established by the authorities, any registered credit reporting agencies or any debt collection agencies that may be appointed by the Government, and with any authority, central depository or depository agent in relation to the education industry). Data may also be generated or combined with other information available to the AC or companies established in relation to AC.
- The purposes for which data may be used and/or processed are as follows:
- Analysis of user for consultation to be provided and for research report for the public or specific interest;
- the daily operation of AC provided for users, clients and partners;
- creating and maintaining the AC’s credibility and risk related models and/or any purpose relating to risk management functions;
- assisting other educational institutions to conduct academic checks;
- assisting other companies to conduct employment checks;
- updating user’s records;
- ensuring ongoing report and services worthiness of students;
- designing programmes or related products;
- marketing services or products of AC and it’s clients or partners and/or selected companies (in respect of which AC may or may not be remunerated) including but not limited to:
- job placement, internships, credit card, insurance, wealth management, development opportunities and any other related services and products;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related services and products;
- services and products offered by AC and it’s partners or sponsors or clients;
- for investigating, reporting, preventing or otherwise in relation to breach of AC’s confidential information and criminal activities generally;
- meeting obligations, requirements or arrangements, whether compulsory or voluntary, of AC or any of its branches and any member of the AC to comply with, or in connection with;
- any law, regulation, judgment, court order, voluntary code, sanctions regime, within or outside Malaysia existing currently and in the future (“Laws”);
- any guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial services providers within or outside Malaysia existing currently and in the future and any international guidance, internal policies or procedures;
- any present or future contractual or other commitment with local or foreign legal, regulatory, judicial, administrative, public or law enforcement body, or governmental, tax, revenue, institutes or futures exchange, court or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of education service providers or any of their agents with jurisdiction over all or any part of AC that is assumed by, imposed on or applicable to the organisation or any of its branches or any member of the AC; or
- any agreement or treaty between Authorities;
- complying with any obligations, requirements, policies, procedures, measures or arrangements for sharing data and information within AC and/or any other use of data and information in accordance with any programmes for compliance with sanctions or prevention or detection of fake awards or other unlawful activities;
- conducting any action to meet obligations of AC to comply with Laws or international guidance or regulatory requests relating to or in connection with the detection, investigation and prevention of fake awards, bribery, corruption, fraud, and/or any acts or attempts to circumvent or violate any Laws relating to these matters;
- meeting any obligations of AC to comply with any demand or request from the Authorities;
- market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- for any purpose required by law or regulation;
- for the purpose of enforcing its legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- to support the organisation’s business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making;
- for making enquiries or investigations as to whether or not the student or person whose data is collected, used and/or processed by the University is actually a sanctioned person, or is otherwise howsoever related to, or associated with, a sanctioned person or entity; and also for the reporting or the taking of any remedial or preventive action in relation thereto;
- for all ancillary purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services;
- for internal operational requirements of the organisation(including, without limitation, system or product development and planning, audit and administrative purposes); and/or
- purposes relating thereto.
- Data held by AC relating to an individual will be kept confidential but may provide or disclose such information to the following parties (whether within or outside Malaysia) for the purposes set out in paragraph 6 (who may also subsequently process, transfer and disclose such data for the purposes set out in paragraph 6):
- any AC Member;
- any agent, contractor, sub-contractors, service providers, lawyers, auctioneers, valuers or associates of AC (including their employees, directors, officers, agents, contractors, service providers and professional advisers);
- any third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to AC in connection with the operation of its business (including their employees, directors and officers);
- any Authorities;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to AC which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- potential employer / employer of the user whom the user have made a reference of their information to AC;
- any person to whom AC or any of its branches or any member of the AC is under an obligation or required or expected to make disclosure for the purposes of any guidelines set out, or in connection with paragraph 6;
- third party academic institutions;
- third party reward, loyalty, co-branding and privileges programme providers whom AC has partnership with;
- sponsors, partners or clients of AC or any member of AC;
- external service providers (including but not limited to mailing houses, telecommunication companies, telemarketing and direct sales agents, call centres, data processing companies and information technology companies) that AC engages for the purposes set out in paragraph 6;
- any bureaus or agencies established by the government or ministry; any registered credit reporting agency; any authority, central depository or depository agent in relation to the education industry; the police; any other governmental or regulatory authority or body.
- In connection with 7 above, in the event of any default in payment where the amount in default is not fully paid on or before the due date, the individual is liable to have his/her/its account data shared with, disclosed to and/or retained by the registered credit reporting agency.
- Under and in accordance with the provisions of the PDPA and the Code of Practice approved and issued under the PDPA, any individual may:-
- check whether AC holds data about him/her and of access to such data;
- request AC to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate;
- request clarification on AC policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by AC;
- in relation to services, to request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to registered reporting agencies or academic institutions or debt collection agencies or any other potential employers.
- In accordance with the terms of the PDPA, AC has the right to charge a fee for the processing of any data access request.
- The individual can request for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by writing an official request then email to the address below or by visiting AC.
Low Jiun Jack Data Protection Officer/Executive Director Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any queries or complaints relating to this Notice or otherwise relating to misuse or suspected misuse of your personal information, you may contact the following :-
Low Jiun Jack Data Protection Officer/Executive Director Axon Consultancy Sdn Bhd Email: email@example.com
- AC reserves the right to amend this Notice at any time and will place notice of such amendments on the company’s website.
- Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers or AC under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Your continued usage of the services by AC consent for AC to collect, process and store the data in accordance with the above. Failure to consent to the above may result AC being unable to process, establish, continue or provide the services to you.